- Big Game You're guaranteed to see big game—including the Big Five—both in national parks and at many private lodges.
- Escape the Crowds South Africa's game parks are rarely crowded. You'll see more game with fewer other visitors than almost anywhere else in Africa.
- Luxury Escapes Few other sub-Saharan countries can offer South Africa's high standards of accommodation, service, and food amid gorgeous surroundings of bush, beach, mountains, and desert.
- Take the Family All the national parks accept children (choose a malaria-free one if your kids are small), and many private lodges have fantastic children's programs.
- Bountiful Birds Even if you're not a birder you'll be dazzled by hundreds of fascinating birds of all colors, shapes, and sizes.
Want to stay at the finest properties when you travel? Check out our annual list of the 100 best hotels in the world.More