- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Intercity buses depart from Park Station in Braamfontein. Greyhound and Translux operate extensive routes around the country. Intercape Mainliner runs to Cape Town. The Baz Bus operates a hop-on, hop-off door-to-door service, stopping at backpackers' hostels between Johannesburg and Durban or Jo'burg and Cape Town on two routes—via the Drakensberg or via Swaziland. You can buy Greyhound, Intercape Mainliner, and Translux bus tickets through Computicket. Airfares with budget airlines in South Africa, such as 1Time, Mango, or Kulala are often comparable to bus fares, particularly if you book a few weeks or more in advance.
Baz Bus. 021/439-2323. www.bazbus.com.
Computicket. 083/915-8003 or 011/340-8000. www.computicket.com.
Greyhound. 083/915-9000. www.greyhound.co.za.
Intercape Mainliner. 0861/287-287. www.intercape.co.za.
Translux. 0861/589-282. www.translux.co.za.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe