- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Public transport to and from Sun City, 177 km (110 mi) northwest of Jo'burg, is limited. Ingelosi, the official Sun City shuttle, travels between Johannesburg and Sun City twice daily. The shuttle departs from O. R. Tambo Airport and the Sandton City Shopping Centre and tickets cost R500 round-trip. Otherwise, get to the area using private transfer or a rental car.
Within the Sun City complex there are shuttle buses that ferry visitors between the entertainment complex and the various hotels, and the Sky Train monorail transports day visitors from the parking lot to the entertainment complex.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe