- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A huge entertainment and resort complex in the middle of dry bushveld in the North West Province, Sun City is popular with golfers and families, and South Africans and foreign tourists alike. Sun City's appeal is vastly enhanced by the Pilanesberg National Park, which is only 10 km (6 mi) past Sun City, and by a full round of outdoor sports and activities, including two Gary Player-designed world-class golf courses, elephant-back riding, and archery.
Elsewhere in Johannesburg
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's