- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Take a guided tour. Soweto is a chaotic, virtually indistinguishable sprawl. Even if you found your way in, you'd struggle to find your way out—let alone around. Various companies offer bus tours, but we suggest hiring a private guide or joining a smaller group tour because you'll get one-on-one attention and be able to ask any and all questions. You can also ask for a special-interest tour, such as art, traditional medicine, restaurants, nightlife, or memorials. Most tours start in Jo'burg, and you can arrange to be collected from your hotel.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's