Sights & Attractions in Johannesburg
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Northern Suburbs
Johannesburg Botanical Gardens and Emmarentia Dam
The large and beautiful botanical gardens here are five minutes...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Northern Suburbs|
Smaller than its Pretoria counterpart but no less impressive...
|Zoos / Aquariums||Northern Suburbs|
Melville Koppies Nature Reserve
A small nature reserve on the southern side of the Johannesburg...
|Nature Preserves||Northern Suburbs|
South African National Museum of Military History
In a park adjacent to the Johannesburg Zoo, this museum has two...
|Museums / Galleries||Northern Suburbs|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore South Africa! Flights to Johannesburg From $798 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 4-Star Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank Fr $182+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $51/night less
- Book in Johannesburg: Save this May Fr $117+/Nt Save with Expedia, $39/night less
- 4-Star Johannesburg Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1378 Expedia
- 3-Star Shumba Valley Lodge Fr $103+/Nt — $103 Hotels.com