- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Le Canard Review
In an old house off the busy arterial Rivonia Road, Le Canard provides a tranquil break from the hub of metropolitan Sandton. It has classically romantic touches—crystal glasses, small rose bowls, chandeliers—and the service is excellent. Le canard means "the duck" in French, and duck is the specialty. The French-Mediterranean food is rich in flavor with some unique twists, including a chocolate sauce for duck. Between courses expect little treats from the chef such as vegetable soup and duck-liver pâté. Le Canard has an extensive wine list of South African and international wines, champagnes, and liquors.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup?... ... Read more
Tourism is likely to increase once the world sees how much South Africa has to offer...... Read more