- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Origins Centre Review
This modern museum is dedicated to exploring human development over the past 100,000 years, and in particular the tradition of rock art—of which southern Africa has the oldest and some of the richest in the world. The center is complementary to Maropeng, which details the past 5 million years or so of human evolution and the history of earth since its formation. The two experiences enhance each other rather than compete. Origins is spacious and elegantly designed, with multimedia displays and photographs catering to a range of tastes, from kids to visiting professors. The shop sells high-quality crafts and hard-to-source books on rock art in southern Africa, and the center's coffee shop, Café Fino, serves good, light meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thinking of visiting Cape Town and Kruger. Read more
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
Inspired by the setting of the exciting World Cup?... ... Read more
Tourism is likely to increase once the world sees how much South Africa has to offer...... Read more