- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There are a few options for getting to Pretoria. Beginning in 2010, the Gautrain will offer a high-speed connection between O. R. Tambo International Airport and Johannesburg and Pretoria. Alternatively, a rental car gives you the flexibility to explore the city at your leisure, and private transfers are offered by all of O. R. Tambo's airport transfer companies. It takes at least an hour to travel from Johannesburg to Pretoria in the Tshwane metropolitan area on the N1 (two hours if the traffic is bad, which happens quite regularly).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe