- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The menu features mainly North Indian dishes that are so large and filling that—take our word for it—appetizers are not needed. Standout curries include butter chicken, lamb gosht pasanda (done in an almond and cream sauce with saffron), and the navratan korma (mixed vegetables cooked in cashew gravy with fruit). The interior decor provides a sophisticated dining experience, but you'll get comfy wicker chairs and sea views on the balcony. There's a good, reasonably priced buffet on Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday lunch. Unfortunately the experience is sometimes clouded by sluggish service.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Durban for Less: Hotels Fr $91+/Nt Travelocity
- Hot Deal on a 14 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $1,919 Expedia
- Cruise deals to Durban with MSC Cruises, 12 Nts Fr $2,439 — $2,439 Expedia
- Visit Durban with MSC Cruises! 7 Nts Fr $949 — $949 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 3 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $279 — $279 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
With a burgeoning food and drink scene, gorgeous green spaces, and festivals galore, Philly should be ... Read more
In Spain, the gin and tonic (called "gin tonics") is an art form with carefully chosen gin and small-batch... Read more
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the... Read more