- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Don't go expecting a curry restaurant, and you won't be disappointed. You can, however, expect the subtle use of spices to create aromatic dishes like roasted-coriander-and-rosemary-spiced rack of lamb on a minted pea, potato, and onion mash (think funky potato concoction). For dessert try a traditional milk tart with cinnamon, topped with preserved ginger and toasted almonds. If you really need a good curry fix, there are a few options including the Oriental prawn version. Located in a converted Victorian-style house that's typical of the area, the eclectic restaurant is serious in its approach to food but thankfully free of pomp and ceremony.
- Address: 362 Lilian Ngoyi (Windermere) Rd., Morningside, Durban, 4001
- Phone: 031/303–6375
- Location: Durban
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
We've been on a couple of safaris, but not yet to the Kruger area. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more