- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Don't go expecting a curry restaurant, and you won't be disappointed. You can, however, expect the subtle use of spices to create aromatic dishes like roasted-coriander-and-rosemary-spiced rack of lamb on a minted pea, potato, and onion mash (think funky potato concoction). For dessert try a traditional milk tart with cinnamon, topped with preserved ginger and toasted almonds. If you really need a good curry fix, there are a few options including the Oriental prawn version. Located in a converted Victorian-style house that's typical of the area, the eclectic restaurant is serious in its approach to food but thankfully free of pomp and ceremony.
- Address: 362 Lilian Ngoyi (Windermere) Rd., Morningside, Durban, 4001
- Phone: 031/303–6375
- Location: Durban
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
Thinking of going to South Africa in September.. Would appreciate your comments on this itinerary. It's through Citiescapes but the agent in SA is IKapa tours.
DAY 1 :
Fly from Dublin to Johannesburg Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more