- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
The New Café Fish
The New Café Fish Review
This popular eatery juts out into the Durban Yacht Basin between the BAT Centre and Wilson's Wharf. Here, the city's vertical lines—towering skyscrapers along the embankment and the slender masts of vessels anchored beside the restaurant—tie sky and sea together in a memorable setting. The food is tasty, with fish a specialty, as the restaurant's name suggests. Try the mild Thai prawn curry or the pesto line fish, or order a seafood platter of special-order items like extra-large crayfish and prawns according to seasonal availability (but be prepared to pay quite a bit extra for seasonal specials). The bar upstairs is pleasant for sundowners and serves light meals and snacks.
- Address: 31 Yacht Mole, Margaret Mncadi Ave. City Centre, Durban, 4001
- Phone: 031/305–5062; 031/305–5063
- Location: Durban
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
Thinking of going to South Africa in September.. Would appreciate your comments on this itinerary. It's through Citiescapes but the agent in SA is IKapa tours.
DAY 1 :
Fly from Dublin to Johannesburg Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more