- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- situated in a lovely eco-reserve so you get game (not predators)
- exciting Zulu dancing plus an on-site sangoma to tell your future
- great birding
- avoid the summer months, as Zululand can get very hot and sticky and there's no a/c
iSibindi Lodge Review
This lodge within the iSibindi Eco Reserve combines game-viewing and Zulu cultural experiences with battlefield tours (R650) led by excellent local guides and historians. You'll see antelopes, giraffes, zebras, and wildebeests on your early-morning and evening game drives, and during cultural evenings you'll see traditional Zulu dancers and enjoy traditional delicacies. Another highlight will be a visit to a traditional village across the river where the sangoma (traditional healer) will "throw the bones" for you and read your fortune. In summer, rafting is possible on the Buffalo River. Rooms, in elevated Zulu-style beehive huts with private decks, face glorious vistas of hill and valley. An attractive lounge and bar area shows off African prints and Zulu artifacts, and an outdoor bar and sunken pool look out at the view.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
Having just returned from a trip that ranks up there with the best of my life, I will offer some details in a short trip report. Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more