- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom
Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom Review
Sibaya is expansive—in size, appearance, and number of activities—but is worth seeing for its grandiose, Zulu-themed design. The buildings themselves, for example, echo a giant and opulent Zulu kraal (compound/dwelling). Huge bronze statues of Zulu warriors and buffalos at the entrance provide a truly African welcome. Wherever you are at Sibaya, all 119 acres of it, a breathtaking view of the ocean is only a window or a balcony away. As you might expect, there are plenty of dining options. A 36-room, five-star hotel opened here in 2006. It's quite a way out of town, north of Umhlanga and about halfway between the city center and Ballito.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa Experience — $4,149 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
To my utter delight, I will be returning to South AFrica in early OCtober for a trip that will begin with a week in CapeTown. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more