- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
At a Glance
- wonderful hosts and personal service
- Salomé's truly South African food is superb
- genuine retro '70s feel makes the locale a bit bleak in the winter
- comfortable, but not cozy
Check Rates from our Partners
Lennox Cottage Review
This active farm is owned and run by ex–South African National Team Springbok rugby center Dirk Froneman and his wife, Salomé. After a day touring the battlefields (they will recommend superb guides), if you've still got some energy left you can ride, swim in the large pool, play snooker, or go on an evening game drive around the farms before sinking into a comfortable bed in your country-style room. Salomé's home cooking is superb, and each evening she serves such traditional Afrikaans dishes as butternut soup, bobotie (a spicy ground-meat dish), and local venison on an antique dining table as guests discuss the day's doings over a dop (drink) or two (dinner R180).
- Address: R68, Box 197, Dundee, 3000
- Phone: 082/574–3032
- Location: Dundee
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more