At a Glance
- wonderful hosts and personal service
- Salomé's truly South African food is superb
- genuine retro '70s feel makes the locale a bit bleak in the winter
- comfortable, but not cozy
Check Rates from our Partners
Lennox Cottage Review
This active farm is owned and run by ex–South African National Team Springbok rugby center Dirk Froneman and his wife, Salomé. After a day touring the battlefields (they will recommend superb guides), if you've still got some energy left you can ride, swim in the large pool, play snooker, or go on an evening game drive around the farms before sinking into a comfortable bed in your country-style room. Salomé's home cooking is superb, and each evening she serves such traditional Afrikaans dishes as butternut soup, bobotie (a spicy ground-meat dish), and local venison on an antique dining table as guests discuss the day's doings over a dop (drink) or two (dinner R180).
- Address: R68, Box 197, Dundee, 3000
- Phone: 082/574–3032
- Location: Dundee
- 12 rooms
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.