- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Muti Market Review
For a uniquely African experience, hire a guide through Durban Tourism at Tourist Junction to take you to southern Africa's largest and most extensive muti (traditional medicine, pronounced moo-tee) market. The market also serves as a distinctive traditional-medicine facility, where sangomas (traditional healers) offer consultations to locals in a bustling, urban atmosphere. If you're feeling bold, you might wish to consult a sangoma on matters of health, wealth, or personal problems. Don't go without a guide.
- Address: Warwick Junction, Julius Nyerere Ave., Durban, 4001
- Phone: No phone
- Hours: Weekdays 8--6, Sat. 8--1
- Location: Durban
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $167 & Up: Protea Edward Durban 4-Star Hotel in Durban Expedia
- Book 3-Star Docklands Fr $78+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Hot Deal on a 3 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $279 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Riverside Fr $115+/Nt — $115 Expedia
- Cruise to Durban: 4 Nts on MSC Cruises Fr $609 — $609 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more