- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Swallow View Site
Swallow View Site Review
If you're in the area from mid-October to mid-April, be sure to take in this amazing natural phenomenon that sees 3 million barn swallows returning to their nests at sunset. Arrive 45 minutes before sunset armed with something to sit on, binoculars, camera, sundowners, and some mosquito repellent.
- Address: From N2 take the Umdloti/Verulam off-ramp and follow signs to Verulam Dr. for less than 1 km (600 yards) and turn at Umdloti Estate and follow signs to view site, Mount Moreland, Umhlanga, 4339
- Phone: 031/568–1671; 031/568–1557
- Location: Umhlanga
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
Having just returned from a trip that ranks up there with the best of my life, I will offer some details in a short trip report. Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more