Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Restaurant Reviews
Durban's dining public is fickle by nature, and restaurants tend to change hands fairly often. But don't be discouraged—Durban offers some superb dining options, provided you eat to its strengths. Thanks to a huge Indian population, it has some of the best curry restaurants in the country.
Durbanites eat lunch and dinner relatively early because they're early risers, particularly in summer, when it's light soon after 4. They're also generally casual dressers—you'll rarely need a jacket and tie, and jeans are rarely frowned upon.
Browse Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Durban Savings! Book at Protea Edward Durban Fr $149+/Nt Expedia
- Journey on MSC Cruises to Durban: 3 Nts Fr $279 Expedia
- Cruise to Durban: 4 Nts on MSC Cruises Fr $609 — $609 Expedia
- Explore Africa with MSC Cruises Fr $1,919 — $1,919 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 12 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $2,439 — $2,439 Expedia