Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Hotel Reviews
Many of Durban's main hotels lie along the Golden Mile, but there are some wonderful boutique hotels and B&Bs (especially in the Berea, Morningside, and Umhlanga) that offer a more personalized experience.
In northern Zululand and Maputaland, game reserves and lodges—both publicly and privately owned and managed—are smaller than what you'd find in Mpumalanga, but offer delightful game-viewing experiences. Many are all-inclusive (or nearly so), though some have self-catering options.
Prices, especially along the coast, tend to rise with the summer heat.
Browse Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's