- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Durban Country Club has hosted more South African Opens than any other course, and is regularly rated the best in South Africa. Tees and greens sit atop large sand dunes, and trees add an additional hazard. Visitors are welcome, but can't play Wednesday and Thursday afternoons or Saturdays; fees for the 18-hole, par-72 course are R560. Rental clubs are available. 031/313-1777. www.dcclub.co.za.
Inside the Greyville Racecourse, the Royal Durban Golf Club offers no protection from the wind, which makes hitting the narrow fairways very difficult, but the surroundings are attractive and the venue is central. Fees for the 18-hole, par-72 course are R300, rental clubs are available, and reservations are essential. The course is open every day, and the first tee-off is at 7 am. 031/309-1373. www.royaldurban.co.za.
Zimbali Country Club is built in and around one of the few remaining coastal forests in the province. The world-class 18-hole course was designed by Tom Weiskopf and lies amid sand dunes above a secluded beach, natural springs, and a lake. There is a fully stocked pro shop. Greens fees for 18 holes are R350 on weekdays and R400 on weekends. Compulsory cart rental is R200; rental clubs are available for R300 per set. 032/538-1041. www.zimbali.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's