- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Located about an hour north of Durban, the Dolphin Coast (aka North Coast) lies along the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, making it a popular vacation spot for South Africans. The area's many beaches, protected by shark nets and lifeguards, are safe for swimming.
Dolphin Coast at a Glance
Elsewhere in Durban and KwaZulu-Natal
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's