Durban and KwaZulu-Natal Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Durban isn't slick or sophisticated, but 320 days of sunshine a year entices visitors and locals alike to the vast stretches of beautiful beach that hug the coastline. The close proximity to the beach has given the province's largest city a laid-back vibe that makes it a perfect holiday destination and the ideal springboard from which to visit the diverse beauty of the rest of the province of KwaZulu-Natal.
Many of Durban's main hotels lie along the Golden Mile, but there are some wonderful boutique hotels and B&Bs (especially in the Berea, Morningside...read more
Durban's dining public is fickle by nature, and restaurants tend to change hands fairly often. But don't be discouraged—Durban offers some superb...read more
Things To Do in Durban and KwaZulu-Natal
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Book 3 Nts in Durban this May Fr $149+/Nt Expedia
- Cruise to Durban: 3 Nts on MSC Cruises Fr $279 Expedia
- MSC Sinfonia (MSC Cruises) 4 Nt Cruise to Durban Fr $609 — $609 Expedia
- Journey to Africa on the MSC Sinfonia (MSC Cruises)! Fr $1,919 — $1,919 Expedia
- Cruise Through Africa with MSC Cruises Fr $939 — $939 Expedia
Beautiful Beaches Durban's beaches are some of the world's safest and most beautiful. The long, sandy beaches and inviting water temperatures... Read more
Moses Mabhida Stadium is in the heart of the multisport Kings Park Sporting Precinct, which has been developed looking toward a bid for the 2020... Read more
January:... Read more
Besides the hiking opportunities and the sheer beauty of the mountains, the other great attraction of the Berg is the San (Bushman) paintings... Read more
The Boer War (1899-1902), now referred to as the South African War, was the longest, bloodiest, and costliest war fought by Britain for nearly... Read more
If you're interested in learning more about the fierce warrior Shaka Zulu or the Zulu culture, there are a few places of note that will give... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more