- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most shops, restaurants, hotels, and B&Bs in Cape Town take credit cards, but you need cash to buy gas. Don't even think about changing money at your hotel. The rates at most hotels are outrageous, and the city has plenty of banks and bureaux de change (exchange counters) offering better rates; most are open during business hours (weekdays and Saturday mornings). Rennies Bank's Waterfront branch is open until 9 pm daily. At the airport, Foreign Exchange exchanges currency weekdays 7 am-11 pm and weekends 8 am-11 pm.
American Express. Ground fl., Sahara House, Thibault Sq., Cape Town Central, Cape Town, 8001. 021/425-7991. www.amex.co.za. Shop 11A, Alfred Mall, Waterfront, 8001. 021/419-3917.
Rennies Bank. 2 St. George's Mall, Cape Town Central, Cape Town, 8000. 021/418-1206. Lower Level, Victoria Wharf, Waterfront, 8001. 021/418-3744.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's