- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One&Only Cape Town
At a Glance
- two exceptional restaurants in Nobu and Maze
- exclusive high-end fashion labels available at boutique
- excellent spa with Bastian Gonzales nail studios
- impressive KidsOnly facility
- Marina Rise guests must walk through the lounge in their swimming trunks to reach the pool
- as a big hotel it can feel a little impersonal
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
One&Only Cape Town Review
Sol Kerzner helped put South Africa on the international tourism map with his Southern Sun Group and Sun City. After moving operations abroad to launch Atlantis in the Bahamas and Dubai and One&Only resorts, he has returned to South Africa with the One&Only Cape Town. The hotel opened in April 2009 amid international fanfare and celebrity guests, including Mariah Carey and Robert De Niro (a partner in the on-site Nobu Restaurant) and British TV chef Gordon Ramsey, who's behind Maze restaurant. There are audible gasps when people enter for the first time and see Table Mountain framed in splendid four-story-high glass windows of the sunken lounge and bar. Access to the Island suites and Spa is through the lounge and downstairs. All rooms are larger than in most other hotels and furnished to a very high contemporary standard. Deluxe rooms have two full bathrooms with freestanding tubs and dual dressing areas. The Island's free-form pools are oxygenated, promising clean water and enhanced youthfulness.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. ... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more