- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
At a Glance
- near van Riebeeck's 1655 Fort (called The Castle by locals), St. George's Anglican Cathedral, which, aside from its beauty, has been the site of many political protests, and the Company Botanical Gardens established by van Riebeeck
- although patrolled and covered by CCTV cameras, the inner city can be scary
Check Rates from our Partners
Adderley Hotel Review
If you're looking for an inner-city accommodation that's well priced and far away from the late-night noise of Long Street but close enough to enjoy the nightlife, the Adderley is for you. Each suite has separate dining and work areas, as well as a fully stocked kitchen. The beds are outfitted in comfy white linens, while only part of the bathroom is fully enclosed with basin and tub in the bedroom section and shower and toilet behind frosted glass. For those who aren't interested in self-catering, the well-priced restaurant, Bowl, on the first floor serves breakfast and good light fare such as salads and sandwiches by day, and heartier dishes like confit duck on Chinese noodles and a Thai chicken green curry for dinner. During the day you're in the center of the action, but at night it's very quiet.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
South Africa's star city has personality and an overabundance of style. ... Read more
This sunny South African city is a pleasant destination nearly any time of year.... Read more
To say there's plenty to do, see, eat, and drink in Cape Town would be an understatement.... Read more