- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
At a Glance
- eight rooms are connected, making them suitable for families
- when Chapman's Peak Drive is closed (much of the time), access is via the Atlantic seaboard, on the other side of the peninsula and far to drive
Check Rates from our Partners
De Noordhoek Review
Although it may take an hour to get here from Cape Town in busy traffic, once you get here you won't want to leave, as it's situated in a farm village with wonderful restaurants such as the Food Barn and Café Roux as neighbors and funky shops selling things like organic horse shampoo and collectible children's toys. Rooms are very comfortable, and if you're concerned about your carbon footprint, you'll like that water is heated through solar panels and that there's an indigenous, water-wise courtyard garden. All staff live within 7 mi of the hotel to reduce their carbon footprint. The hotel uses biodegradable cleaning materials and bathroom amenities, and recycled items, such as the tables in the dining area, which are locally made from reused timber. It's one of the very few hotels to have four wheelchair-friendly rooms where beds, mirrors, and bathrooms are at a lower level. Despite the environmental considerations the hotel is very comfortable and affordable.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
South Africa's star city has personality and an overabundance of style. ... Read more
This sunny South African city is a pleasant destination nearly any time of year.... Read more
To say there's plenty to do, see, eat, and drink in Cape Town would be an understatement.... Read more