- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- eight rooms are connected, making them suitable for families
- when Chapman's Peak Drive is closed (much of the time), access is via the Atlantic seaboard, on the other side of the peninsula and far to drive
De Noordhoek Review
Although it may take an hour to get here from Cape Town in busy traffic, once you get here you won't want to leave, as it's situated in a farm village with wonderful restaurants such as the Food Barn and Café Roux as neighbors and funky shops selling things like organic horse shampoo and collectible children's toys. Rooms are very comfortable, and if you're concerned about your carbon footprint, you'll like that water is heated through solar panels and that there's an indigenous, water-wise courtyard garden. All staff live within 7 mi of the hotel to reduce their carbon footprint. The hotel uses biodegradable cleaning materials and bathroom amenities, and recycled items, such as the tables in the dining area, which are locally made from reused timber. It's one of the very few hotels to have four wheelchair-friendly rooms where beds, mirrors, and bathrooms are at a lower level. Despite the environmental considerations the hotel is very comfortable and affordable.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thinking of visiting Cape Town and Kruger. Read more
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
To say there's plenty to do, see, eat, and drink in Cape Town would be an understatement.... Read more
There's no better place than South Africa to witness the sea's most awesome creatures in action, and its... Read more
Surrounded by world-renowned wine estates, farmland, and miles of rich coastline, Cape Town is one o... Read more