- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Commodore Hotel
At a Glance
- situated in historic buildings
- costly on-site parking of more than R80 a day
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Commodore Hotel Review
A nautical theme embraces The Commodore with shiny brass, rope barriers, and bent-wood archways overhead to suggest life on a tall ship. Rooms are comfortable but feel corporate in the plain way in which they're decorated. Once-splendid views of Table Mountain are now marred by the new One&Only property across the way. Guests will appreciate being a few steps away from the action. You can also stay at the Portswood, the adjacent four-star property.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town Central Savings! Book at Jambo Guest House Fr $80+/Nt Save with Expedia, $26/night less
- Book 3-Star Sweet Lemon Boutique Bed & Breakfast Fr $55+/Nt Expedia
- Cape Town Central 5-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2126 Expedia
- 9 Nt Cruise on Sale: See Cape Town Central Fr $659 Expedia
- Book Hilton Cape Town City Centre in May: Save 25% off — $121 Save with Expedia, $40/night less
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. ... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more