- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
The Commodore Hotel
At a Glance
- situated in historic buildings
- costly on-site parking of more than R80 a day
Check Rates from our Partners
The Commodore Hotel Review
A nautical theme embraces The Commodore with shiny brass, rope barriers, and bent-wood archways overhead to suggest life on a tall ship. Rooms are comfortable but feel corporate in the plain way in which they're decorated. Once-splendid views of Table Mountain are now marred by the new One&Only property across the way. Guests will appreciate being a few steps away from the action. You can also stay at the Portswood, the adjacent four-star property.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
I probably sound like all the rest of the posts.....
I won't know until April whether I am going to J'burg, SA on business for 2 weeks in late May and/or early June. I visited 2 years ago, but couldn' Read more
· News & Features
South Africa's star city has personality and an overabundance of style. ... Read more
This sunny South African city is a pleasant destination nearly any time of year.... Read more
To say there's plenty to do, see, eat, and drink in Cape Town would be an understatement.... Read more