- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Giovanni's Deliworld Review
Floor-to-ceiling shelves are stacked with everything delicious from French champagne to stock cubes. Fridges have fresh pasta dishes and greens, but the deli section and espresso bar is where most will congregate. At possibly the oldest deli in the area, locals jostle for a seat with models and film-industry folk who come for the coffee and vibe. While a little chaotic at peak times and not especially comfortable to eat at the raised counters, it shouldn't be missed. There might be Italian meatballs with spaghetti or Thai plum chicken on offer. There's always a wide selection of hams and cold cuts as well as global cheeses. Get anything from pumpkin-seed rolls to fresh-cut flowers and the daily newspaper. And it's just a block away from the soccer stadium.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town Central Savings! Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $96+/Nt Save with Expedia, $32/night less
- Save in Cape Town Central: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $129+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Cape Town Central Fr $2132 Expedia
- 8 Nt Cruise on Sale: See Cape Town Central Fr $849 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Sweet Orange Guest House Fr $50+/Nt — $50 Save with Expedia, $26/night less
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more