- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
With a large deck overlooking the farm's reservoir, this barn-style restaurant is the go-to place in the Durbanville Hill's wine valley. Service is slick and cuisine simple. Watch the chefs in the glass kitchen or gaze out at views over the vineyards. Decoration is minimal, so the food speaks. Seared salmon is served with a paprika–beurre blanc sauce, while baked kingklip is served atop charmoula chickpeas (seasoned with a Moroccan spice mix) with tzatziki (Greek yogurt-cucumber sauce). When available, the slow-braised springbok shanks served with mashed potatoes and waterblommetjies (a local water lily) are lip-smackingly delicious.
- Address: Tygervalley Rd., Durbanville Hills, Cape Town, 7552
- Phone: 021/976–0640
- Location: Northern Suburbs
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
Thinking of returning to southern Africa later this year for another self-drive tour (have done three previous ones). Read more
· News & Features
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native ... Read more
South Africa's star city has personality and an overabundance of style.... Read more
This sunny South African city is a pleasant destination nearly any time of year.... Read more