- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Entering this plush venue graced with art-nouveau fixtures, huge chandeliers, and a wall of Andy Warhol Elvis reproductions transports one to an otherworldly realm. Spectacular shellfish and Portuguese spicing are the draws here. Though the lobster thermidor with black cherries is fabulous, the simple perfection of grilled langoustines basted with lemon-garlic or peri-peri (chili sauce) can't be beat. The scallops with spring-onion risotto are heavenly, and steaks are good too. Though open for lunch, do yourself a favor and come for dinner when a jazz band croons Sinatra-esque tunes, turning up the tempo for twirling couples as the evening progresses. Exceptional waiters complete this uniquely enjoyable experience.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town Central Savings! Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $96+/Nt Save with Expedia, $32/night less
- Save in Cape Town Central: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $129+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Cape Town Central Fr $2132 Expedia
- 8 Nt Cruise on Sale: See Cape Town Central Fr $849 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Sweet Orange Guest House Fr $50+/Nt — $50 Save with Expedia, $26/night less
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more