- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Southern Sun Cullinan Cape Town Waterfront
At a Glance
- high-power shower
- within walking distance of the V&A (but across a very busy, multilane road)
- unheated pool
- some complain that "Don't Disturb" signs are ignored
- doesn't handle peak-season business well
Check Rates from our Partners
Southern Sun Cullinan Cape Town Waterfront Review
This sparkling white hotel is just opposite the entrance to the Waterfront but still requires a significant walk across a busy road to the V&A malls. It has a spacious marble-tile lobby, huge picture windows draped in rose and gold that lead out to the pool, and an enormous double-curving gilt staircase that completes the picture. Rooms are quite restrained, with muted green carpets and floral notes, and bathrooms are well laid out, with separate showers in white tile and gray marble. But the views of Table Mountain and the harbor steal the show. There's an efficient shuttle service that runs 8 am-11 pm, so you'll be able to get around easily.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. ... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more