- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Vineyard Hotel & Spa
At a Glance
- superlative Angsana Spa
- beautiful garden setting
- airport shuttle available
- construction noise and dust
- first-generation rooms are old-fashioned
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Vineyard Hotel & Spa Review
On six acres of rolling gardens overlooking the Liesbeek River in residential Newlands, this comfortable hotel was built around the 18th-century weekend home of Lady Anne Barnard. The views of the back of Table Mountain are spectacular, but for a better rate ask for a courtyard-facing room. Children's programs are available December-January. The hotel is 15 minutes by car from the city but within walking distance of the Newlands sports arenas and the shops of Cavendish Square. On-site Myoga restaurant serves innovative and deconstructionist cuisine and is very well regarded. On the Square restaurant, in the original courtyard, is popular with locals for its sushi bar and family-style fare. Be sure to ask for a recently updated room as others are old-fashioned.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more