- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- Very central location
- helpful staff
- not a great area to walk around in at night
- parking is costly and slightly challenging as it's in a nearby building accessed by one-way roads
- smoking floor can be bothersome for nonsmokers
Check Rates from our Partners
Townhouse Hotel Review
Its proximity to government buildings and its easygoing atmosphere make the Townhouse a popular choice, especially for the business traveler. It was upgraded in 2009 to a sexier scheme of browns, and succeeds in providing a restful retreat from the hubbub of the city. Request a room with a view of the mountain. Rates include breakfast.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thinking of visiting Cape Town and Kruger. Read more
I'm planning on visiting Cape Town and Kruger National Park in November.
Would appreciate any input about weather (temp, humidity, rain) , animal viewing at this time and crowds.
Thanks . Read more
I am planning a honeymoon to SA, flying into Capetown from the US end of May. Read more
· News & Features
To say there's plenty to do, see, eat, and drink in Cape Town would be an understatement.... Read more
There's no better place than South Africa to witness the sea's most awesome creatures in action, and its... Read more
Surrounded by world-renowned wine estates, farmland, and miles of rich coastline, Cape Town is one o... Read more