- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Best Western Cape Suites Hotel
At a Glance
- easy highway access
- proximity to Wembley Square mall
- vibrant nearby student life including pubs and music venues
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Best Western Cape Suites Hotel Review
This village-style hotel, with low buildings and adjoining individual units, is 10 minutes from the center of Cape Town, close to District Six, and a brisk 20-minute walk from the Waterfront, although walking is not recommended. Some guests find the complex security (high walls, electric fence, cameras) a bit off-putting, but others like the peace of mind it gives them. Rooms are spacious and pleasantly furnished in a cheerful and contemporary style, and all come with a fully equipped kitchen. Some rooms have mountain views; others look into the city. Although it's on a corner site, the hotel is well insulated, so traffic noise is not a major problem; inner rooms tend to be quieter. If you have a car, you can park it virtually outside your room. A free shuttle takes you to popular sights within about 13 km (8 mi) of the hotel. Some stays include a full breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town Central Savings! Book at Taj Cape Town Fr $161+/Nt Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Book 3-Star Sweet Lemon Boutique Bed & Breakfast Fr $55+/Nt Expedia
- Cape Town Central 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1972 Expedia
- 9 Nt Cruise on Sale: See Cape Town Central Fr $659 Expedia
- May deal: Sunshine Letting Apartments Fr $74+/Nt — $74 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
My family - which includes our two 14 year-old children - are considering a 2 week trip to South Africa at the end of July. Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. ... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more