- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Harbour House Review
Don't be put off by the unremarkable entrance here; once you're upstairs and seated at a window table you'll be entranced by views across the bay, where fishing boats chug back and forth and whales spout for much of the year. Bring a keen appetite. Starter salads are substantial, and you can follow them with just-landed, olive oil-brushed fish, or Mediterranean calamari with garlic, chili, black olives, and giant capers. The smoked-salmon-sushi sandwich (layers of fish, sushi rice, and nori) is as delicious as the deep-fried calamari rings dusted with curry powder and served with garlic mayo. Rib-eye steaks come with spinach and cream-cheese ravioli. There's also a tempting dessert list. If you're looking for something a bit more casual, try Polana just downstairs for a similar seafood menu but at lower prices.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town Central Savings! Book at Taj Cape Town Fr $161+/Nt Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Special deal: 3.5-Star Protea Breakwater Lodge Fr $107+/Nt Save with Expedia, $35/night less
- 4-Star Cape Town Central Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1961 Expedia
- Explore The Caribbean with Royal Caribbean International Fr $659 Expedia
- May deal: Sweet Lemon Boutique Bed & Breakfast Fr $55+/Nt — $55 Expedia
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
The Grace Hotel in Rosebank, which has been one of the best places to stay in Johannesburg for many years, will close this month. Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more