- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- complimentary minibar and nuts and dried-fruit snacks in the room
- free Wi-Fi in entire hotel
- staff make you feel like they are there to serve only you
- need a car to get around
- poor mobile phone reception in lower-level rooms
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Long Beach Review
Superbly spacious rooms are decorated in a beach-house theme with shower and soaking tub exposed on a platform behind the bed. Toilet is enclosed for total privacy. All rooms have balconies with sea views; you are, after all, on the beach. Public areas are very comfortable, and the small staff make a point of introducing themselves and other guests (never more than 12 of you). When you're not basking on the sundeck (good for whale-watching during the season, approximately June-November), you can explore the Kommetjie beach. Playful touches include colorful towels and beach hats in a basket at the ready. Romantic turndown service with candles and petals is also a nice touch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3299 -- 10-Nt. South Africa Adventure w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
At a vaguely spur of the moment , as we say here in Yankeeland, we are consdeiring a Mid-late 2013 September trip to CapeTown, Londolozi, and one other game park, not self -drive, destination) (Or, perhaps Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more