- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Tokai Arboretum Review
This gorgeous and tranquil national forest is planted with hundreds of tree species from all over the world, including Californian redwoods and a variety of oaks. A favorite spot for picnickers and cyclists, the Arboretum also has a simple tea garden that serves hearty home-style meals and delicious cakes. On the way in to the Arboretum is a crumbling Cape Dutch manor. Built in 1795 with a façade designed by famed architect Louis Michel Thibault, the homestead, which is not open to the public, is reputedly haunted.
- Address: Tokai Rd., Tokai, Cape Town, 7945
- Hours: Daily, sunrise to sunset
- Location: The Peninsula
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
This was a mostly self-drive trip, and not our first to South Africa (first time in Kgalagadi though). Read more
Thinking of going to South Africa in September.. Would appreciate your comments on this itinerary. It's through Citiescapes but the agent in SA is IKapa tours.
DAY 1 :
Fly from Dublin to Johannesburg Read more
· News & Features
South Africa's star city has personality and an overabundance of style.... Read more
This sunny South African city is a pleasant destination nearly any time of year.... Read more
To say there's plenty to do, see, eat, and drink in Cape Town would be an understatement.... Read more