- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pan-African Market Review
The market, extending over two floors of a huge building, is a jumble of tiny stalls, traditional African hairdressers, tailors, potters, artists, musicians, and drummers. There is also a small, very African restaurant. If you're not going to visit countries to the north, come here for an idea of what you're missing.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cape Town & Namibia IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (12-Day) IExplore
- South Africa - Black Culture Experience — $3,259 IExplore
- Essence of South Africa (14-Day) — $12,790 IExplore
- South Africa Experience — $4,149 IExplore
My husband and I live in Cape Town and it has been our home for the past 25 years – I am from the England.
Most vacations we travel to some far away land with lots of advice from all you guys o Read more
Including international travel from the US and transfers between parks and countries, the entire duration of this trip is about 3 weeks total.
I did the nontraditional part at the start of the trip, bu Read more
To my utter delight, I will be returning to South AFrica in early OCtober for a trip that will begin with a week in CapeTown. Read more
· News & Features
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Brooklyn's hot right now, particularly if you're in the Western hemisphere.... Read more
Whether its heights, speed, wild animals, or something else, we've all got a fear that needs conquering.... Read more