Cape Town Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A Cape Town Celebration of Food
The Gourmet Festival is an exclamation mark on the Cape culinary calendar. The festival usually begins in mid-May with the announcement of the Swiss Air wine awards, followed by the Table of Unity—a fund-raising dinner on the slopes of Table Mountain. The last weekend in May, thousands visit the Good Food and Wine Show at the International Convention Centre for three days of foodie exhibitions and presentations by international celebrity (TV) chefs, cooking courses, wine tastings, coffee salons, and more. Food-related events throughout the city during this period in May include special-priced menus at restaurants to coax hibernating locals out as the chill of winter sets in. The festival culminates with a gala banquet prepared by a team of the visiting and local chefs. 021/797–4500. www.gourmetsa.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's