Scuba Diving in Cape Town
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The diving around the Cape is excellent, with kelp forests, cold-water corals, very brightly colored reef life, and numerous wrecks. An unusual experience is a dive in the Two Oceans Aquarium. CMSA, NAUI, and PADI dive courses are offered by local operators; open-water certification courses begin at about R2,800 (all-inclusive). Orca Industries. Orca Industries offers dive courses, charters, and wreck dives. Cape Town. 021/671–9673. www.orca-industries.co.za.
Scuba Shack. The friendly Scuba Shack is based out of Muizenberg and can organize dives around the peninsula. Muizenberg, Cape Town. 072/603–8630. www.scubashack.co.za.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe