Fishing in Cape Town
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you're keen to take to the open ocean for some deep-sea fishing, you'll have plenty of choices, as South Africa has excellent game fish, such as dorado, yellowfin tuna, and broadbill swordfish. Hooked on Africa charters a 32-foot catamaran for a full day of deep-sea fishing (R10,000 to charter the whole boat). 021/790-5332. www.hookedonafrica.co.za.
In the mountains, just an hour or so away from Cape Town, you'll encounter wild and wily fish in wild and wonderful rivers. The season runs September–May. Inkwazi Fly-Fishing Safaris offers escorted tours, all the equipment you'll need, and plenty of good advice. 083/626–0467. www.inkwaziflyfishing.co.za.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's