Biking in Cape Town
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Downhill Adventures offers great cycling trips around the peninsula. You can opt for a full day at the nature reserve at Cape Point, including a picnic lunch, or a leisurely cycle through the Constantia Winelands, stopping for wine tasting along the way. Those wanting something more hard-core might like mountain biking in the Tokai Arboretum. Expect to pay R600–R7,000 per trip. 021/422–0388 or 021/422–1580. www.downhilladventures.com.
Baz Bus tours the south peninsula with a trailer full of bikes. You cycle the fun parts and sit in the bus for the rest. It costs about R425 for the whole day. 021/439-2323. www.bazbus.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's