- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Independently owned taxis operate on Mahé and Praslin (as do a handful on La Digue) and can (sometimes) be hailed from the street, at designated taxi stands, or by phoning (most reliable). They're expensive, however, and it's advised to request a metered ride. The first kilometer is Rs25, after that Rs23. There's no night or weekend charge, and each piece of luggage is an additional Rs10. Following are sample approximate fares from the airport to: Victoria, Rs300; Beau Vallon, Rs500; Anse Soleil, Rs550. If there's no meter, agree on a price before getting in. You can also organize a half-day fixed rate "tour" with a taxi driver. A normal rate would be about US$190 for a full day. All hotels have numbers of reliable drivers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's