- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The bus system in Mahé and Praslin is surprisingly good and cheap, saving you from needing to rent a car if you don't mind the usual vagaries of public transport. Destinations and routes are usually marked on the front of the bus (always double check with the driver). There's a flat fee of 5 Seychelle rupees (Rs5) for any ride, or Rs10 on air-conditioned buses. Bus stops are painted on the road in places with no shoulder, or indicated by signs and small shelters. You can call the Seychelles Public Transport Corporation (SPTC) to get the Mahé route and schedule information Monday to Friday from 8 to 4, and the Seychelles Tourism Board's head office also provides copies of the maps and schedule for Mahé. The schedule can be purchased at the terminal for Rs5.
On La Digue, most people get around by bicycle. See La Digue section for contacts.
Seychelles Public Transport Corporation (428–0227 or 428–0228. www.sptc.sc.)
Seychelles Taxi Operators (Mahé. 251–9355. email@example.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's