- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The three most popular islands in the Seychelles archipelago are Mahé, Praslin, and La Digue. Home to 98% of the Seychelles' population, these three are clustered in the archipelago's northeast area known as the Inner Island group. Mahé and Praslin are Seychelles' largest islands (nearby Silhouette Island is larger than La Digue, but less populated), and all three are granitic (versus coral). The Inner Islands also include other popular islands to visit, such as Denis, Bird, Silhouette, and North. Southwest of the Inner Islands lie the other island groups: Amirantes, Alphonse, Farquhar, and Aldabra. Barring a handful of private-island resorts, these islands are mostly uninhabited and accessible only by boat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe