- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Jardin du Roi
Jardin du Roi Review
With soaring views through steep forested hills down to a turquoise slice of Anse Royale, this quaint, open-air restaurant serves fabulous Creole fare. Delicious salads of papaya, golden apple, and mango accompany perfectly grilled fish, subtly spiced curries, and fragrant basmati rice. Crepes, sandwiches, a few vegetarian options, and the homemade ice creams are also great. Come on Sunday from noon to 3 for the Lunch Planteur, a Creole feast that includes all the salads, chutneys, and extras you might expect at a huge family potluck with the home-style cooking to match for Rs289. Reservations essential in season.
- Address: Domaine de l'Enforcement, Anse Royale Anse Royale, Mahé
- Phone: 437–1313
- Location: Mahé
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Christmas, New Year's, and Easter.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It's almost impossible to believe that one year ago we set out on our amazing Africa adventure, visiting South Africa, Zambia and Botswana. Read more
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
My partner and I have been considering visiting Dubai for the last few years and may have an opportunity to go for a reasonable price in the next few weeks. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more