- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
La Perle Noire
La Perle Noire Review
Housed in a slightly shabby nautically themed setting just off the beach at Beau Vallon, the black pearl serves a delicious dinner menu with a focus on seafood, international flavors, and a tendency toward Italian influences. Dishes are fresh and perfectly seasoned, service is friendly and efficient, and there's a kids' menu. The octopus salad in a reduced balsamic sauce, and the Fish Fillet Perle Noire are recommended. The ice cream with coconut caramel is a wonderful (super-sweet) local dessert. If you want to dine at one of the outside tables, call ahead.
- Address: Beau Vallon Beau Vallon, Mahé
- Phone: 462–0220
- Location: Mahé
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It's almost impossible to believe that one year ago we set out on our amazing Africa adventure, visiting South Africa, Zambia and Botswana. Read more
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
I'm planning a solo, private safari to Kenya and Tanzania in September, 2015. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more