At a Glance
- absolute heaven for active water lovers and fishermen, with an incredible activities center and stunning diving and fishing sites
- four-bedroom villas are an opulent yet affordable option for a large group or family
- all rooms are 25 meters (82 feet) from the beach
- villas are spaced close enough that you wouldn't want to sunbathe nude
- the vegetation and wildlife are yet to be rehabilitated, so naturalists won't find an abundance of endemics or seabirds
Desroches Island Review
The only resort on the Amirantes coral island group (and situated within an entire atoll), Desroches will fulfill all your coconut-fringed, white-sand-beach-paradise fantasies. Twenty-six double villas are located around the main lodge area, which includes the spacious and airy Veloutier Restaurant, a very hip bar with great cocktails, a gorgeous pool area, a small shop, and the reception area—all graced with comfortable couches in whites and beiges, elegant displays of shells, and a convenient Wi-Fi connection. Farther afield, 23 stunning four-bedroom pool villas are the ideal family vacation or reunion spot. Each gorgeous villa—styled between Seychelles and Southeast Asia—has its own pool, kitchen, and villa assistant. All villas (family or doubles) lay claim to their own piece of white sand shaded by coconut palms, outdoor showers, and views of tranquil turquoise water. Add to all this one of the best activities center in Seychelles—kayaks, surf skis, paddle surfing, surfing, snorkeling, pedalos (a peddle boat), and fly-fishing equipment are all free of charge and of excellent quality. Motorized sports like diving and deep-sea fishing enjoy some of the finest sites in the Indian Ocean. Guests can visit the tortoises, the lighthouse at the northern end of the island, or one of several snorkeling locations just offshore. Be sure to take advantage of the picnics delivered to various idyllic beach locations (nothing like returning from a snorkel to find a picnic with a cooler of ice-cold beer).