- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Maria's Rock Review
Not only is Maria's Rock built in, among, and from the huge granite boulders that define Mahé, but this themed restaurant also lets you cook your meal on that very same granite. With only one culinary option—seafood or meat grilled on a hot rock at your table, and served with rice and salad—this place isn't for everyone. But if you like some DIY in your food experience (reminiscent of Korean BBQ) and don't mind the sweat that it may inspire, the place is charming, and the grill items, from fish fillets to prawns to beef, delicious and fresh. Kids will love the Fred Flinstone meets Pirate of the Caribbean Disney-ride atmosphere, heightened by the pirate ship and other structures they can play on.
- Address: Anse Gouvernement, Baie Lazare, Mahé
- Phone: 436-1812
- Location: Mahé
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Tues. and July.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2599 -- Israel: 8 Nts. w/Hotels, Tours & Airfare, $400 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- Wild Zambia IExplore
- Syria — $1,859 IExplore
- Ancient Crossroads of Turkey & Armenia — $8,795 IExplore
- Wild Zambia — $5,475 IExplore
in 2011, we spent 2 1/2 weeks in the central part of Namibia and here is the trip report with lots of photos on my (non-commercial) website:
http://www.sandra-schaenzer.de/gallery/category/namibia-2011/ Read more
in 2012, we spent 2 1/2 weeks in the southern part of Namibia and here is the trip report with lots of photos on my (non-commercial) website:
http://www.sandra-schaenzer.de/gallery/category/namibia-2012/ Read more
My husband and I were in Morocco for 2 weeks in May. We are a couple in our mid 30s from New York, who love to travel independently. We've traveled to Egypt and Jordan (amongst the Middle Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more