- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Anse Soleil Café
Anse Soleil Café Review
A favorite toes-in-the-sand, small, family-run, open-air restaurant on one of Mahé's most beautiful beaches, the café serves delicious Creole dishes with an emphasis on seafood, and some meat-and-fries options. The café does a hopping lunch business and can remain busy through dinner. Meals are served family style (big platters of whatever you've ordered to suit your numbers), and casual is king. Try the ginger crab curry—it's legendary. Efficiency isn't always a strong point, so order ahead of your hunger if you've built up an appetite swimming and sunning all day long.
- Address: Anse Soleil Anse Soleil, Mahé
- Phone: 436–1700; 436–1085
- Location: Mahé
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My first day in Israel, (Tel Aviv on a Saturday), was pretty quiet. Read more
This is a trip report describing a two week vacation in Israel and Jordan (one week per country). Read more
We are a couple looking to take our first African safari using mobile camps. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more