- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to African Safaris
Anse Soleil Café
Anse Soleil Café Review
A favorite toes-in-the-sand, small, family-run, open-air restaurant on one of Mahé's most beautiful beaches, the café serves delicious Creole dishes with an emphasis on seafood, and some meat-and-fries options. The café does a hopping lunch business and can remain busy through dinner. Meals are served family style (big platters of whatever you've ordered to suit your numbers), and casual is king. Try the ginger crab curry—it's legendary. Efficiency isn't always a strong point, so order ahead of your hunger if you've built up an appetite swimming and sunning all day long.
- Address: Anse Soleil Anse Soleil, Mahé
- Phone: 436–1700; 436–1085
- Location: Mahé
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It's almost impossible to believe that one year ago we set out on our amazing Africa adventure, visiting South Africa, Zambia and Botswana. Read more
Just spent 34 days in South Africa - Madagascar - South Africa - Swaziland - Botswana - Namibia - and Zimbabwe - traveled over 4,000 miles by road - took 10 flights - did the trip with the help of Jenma Read more
I'm trying to plan a trip for my DH and I for Feb./March 2015 using lots of United miles. However, it's looking unlikely that we'll be able to get two business award tickets to New Zealand even via Australia Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more